Tech Talks for Pythonistas: Performance Testing and Profiling
Dan believes that testing is equal parts art and science. Specifically, he covers:
- What the various types of performance tests are
- How to set up a performance testing environment, free of external influences
- How to make use of the standard library profile modules
- When you might want to look beyond the standard library
- How instrumentation can tie these two key techniques together
This talk was given at The New York Python Meetup Group hosted by Spotify in NYC. For more content about python, check out this talk about Building High-Volume Data Systems in the Python Ecosystem.