Deploying All Day Without Breaking The Internet
In this talk, Sean O'Connor (Lead Application Developer at Bitly) covers the processes, approaches, and tools he and his team use to do over 20-30 deploys each day to over 400 servers without causing any major disruptions to service.
Some of the topics covered include:
• Benefits of Service Oriented Architecture
• Designing with ops in mind from day one
• The power of NSQ (realtime distributed messaging)
• Asynchronous > Synchronous (except when it isn't)
• Designing for predictability
• Route around failure (via hostpool)
• Automate + Monitor ALL THE THINGS
• Peer review for code + process
This talk was given at the Continuous Delivery: NYC Meetup hosted by Etsy Labs.